This granola breakfast is super easy to cook and will set you up for a good and nourished day from the morning on.
It´s low in sugar and loaded with fibers (including beta-glucans) and micronutrients like biotin, folate, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium & phosphorus.
Here´s what you do:
1 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp rolled oats
2-3 tbsp quinoa flakes
1 tsp pure vanilla powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp agave syrup (optional)
1) Add oil to a pan and toast oats and quinoa flakes
2) Add vanilla and cinnamon and cook until oats are slightly brown
3) If you feel like your oats need more sweetness, add 1-2 teaspoons of agave syrup
4) Add 1 boiled egg on the side (optional) to achieve a balanced low GI meal, high in protein
5) Serve with 1 cup (230 ml) of your favorite low-fat dairy (animal or vegetarian)
I like my granola with buttermilk, as the slightly sour taste of the milk complements the sweetness of the granola beautifully.
455 calories, 20 g protein (with 1 cup buttermilk & 1 boiled egg)
370 calories, 13 g protein (with 1 cup buttermilk)